Some Bitter Facts to Know About iPad Before Getting Into iPad App Development
Immense popularity and success of the iPad give momentum to iPad App Development, and iOS developers even prefer to make apps for iPad to take leverages from its rich features.
Developing apps for an iPad of course give tremendous power in hands of iPad App Developers.
But like we say each coin has two sides, and there are some bitter facts on another side of iPad Application Development that should be known by developers or professional willing to jump into it.
Let's have a look on some of the bitter facts about iPad that every developer should know before they develop app for iPad:- • Not supporting flash! Using Flash in mobile web or apps is quite latest trend, but many developers don't know that iPad not at all support Flash as well as apps based on Flash.
So, if you have created any flash app without knowing this bitter fact then it is of no use any more.
• Lack of proper support for GPS! GPS or Location based systems are most in-demand apps by every smart phone users and if you have developed in GPS app for iPad, then you might be little disappointed as iPad provide limited support to GPS.
You app may not work properly on iPad.
• Not able to perform multiple task at the same time! • If we talk about hardware of iPad, then you will probably shocked to know that iPad don't have any USB ports or High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) output! This makes it impossible to get it connected with any laptop or mobile device.
• Lack of debugging tools or hardware to test the apps developed for iPad.
This results into improper and strange behavior of apps while they run it on iPad devices.
• Due to company policy, developers have to develop iPad apps through simulator.
If any issue arises in apps, then those issues will be identified by developers at much later stage of development when they run app on iPad.
Also it restricts developers to include some elements as well.
• Last but not the list, apple store itself cause many problem! Apple store not allow including any other 3rd party apps within iPad.
This discourages many developers to develop apps iPad.
Well, this was all from my side! With tremendous freedom and benefits of developing iPad applications, there are some bitter facts as well which pushes back many upcoming developers joining bandwagon of iPad App Development.